- Develop procedures and reports enabling proper recording of revenue each month into the general ledger
- Improve monthly reporting of revenue, denials, and write-offs
- Improve reporting of key metrics such as average day rate, reimbursement by payors, and other KPI's
- Work closely with management, the facilities, UR, admissions, accounting, billing and collections and the financial analysts
- Make recommendations to improve the GL chart of accounts and reporting of revenue
- Track deductible and co-pays to ensure they are properly recorded, collected, and written off
- Track and report on write-offs and denials
- Revenue related duties are approximately 70% of the position. Other accounting and reporting duties are approximately 30%.
- The position will have regular interaction with Executive Management, Accounting, Billing and Collections, Group VP's and Program Directors.
- Monthly Reporting:
- Explain accounting and facility financial results to management
- Variation analysis to management
- Responsible for a couple of portions of the month end close, including revenue recording
- Reconciling and ensuring the accuracy of revenue recording in the general ledger, sub ledgers, and cash postings
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Assist with annual audit
- Special projects as assigned
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Minimum 2 years Healthcare experience desired. Must have the ability to work independently, communicate, and work with with managers. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Has strong GAAP background (preferably has workedfor CPA firm). Experience with developing and documenting internal controls and prodedures and processes, experience with all steps of a closing process including all forms of reconciliation and full book close to financial statement preperation, experince with private equity, deblt compliance and healthcare experience a plus. Some trave required between Altoona and King of Prussia.
Headquartered in Altoona, PA and founded in 1999, Pyramid Healthcare has been a leader in the provision of behavioral healthcare in Pennsylvania for almost 20 years. Now with over 80 facilities across three states, Pyramid Healthcare is a growing and innovative resource for those seeking treatment for drug or alcohol addiction or mental health issues.
Pyramid Healthcare prides itself on its continuum of care, which allows clients to receive consistent, high-quality treatment, regardless of what stage of recovery they are in.
Location/Region: Altoona, PA (US)