Deliverables/Principal Results Expected:
· Initiates and develops resident treatment planning goals through contact with clients, family, colleagues and other staff.
· Evaluates behavioral and emotional needs of clients and family members.
· Performs individual and process group therapy sessions including preparing materials for sessions.
· Manages client files by having all appropriate documents.
· Communicating with referral sources and company representatives.
· Attends treatment team meetings with psychiatrist and staff.
· Participates in community meetings with clients.
· Completes family sessions as necessary.
· Maintains client caseload daily.
· Receives phone calls from support staff as necessary regarding client behavioral and emotional needs.
· Clerical duties as required for maintenance of client files.
· Listens to clients concerning all areas of treatment.
· Maintains a safe, orderly and therapeutic physical environment for clients including crisis intervention.
· Other duties as assigned.
Technical Competencies: Capable of role modeling to the clients. Helps to maintain strong clinical program. Able to work together with staff to effectively meet the needs of the clients. Maintains positive relationship with referral sources and families. Charts maintain compliance with Licensing regulations. Complete required trainings and mandatory training hours. Strong clinical skills in D&A and mental health treatment. A working knowledge of HIPAA, DDAP, RTFA and CARF regulations.
1) A Master’s Degree from an accredited college with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in the human services field) or other related field.
2) A Bachelor’s Degree with the same educational requirements and 1 year of clinical experience.
3) An Associate’s Degree with the same educational requirements and 2 years of clinical experience.
4) Full certification as an addictions counselor by a statewide certification body, which is a member of a National certification body or certification by another state government’s substance abuse counseling certification board.
5) Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a physician.
6) Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a registered nurse and a degree from an accredited school of nursing and 1 year of counseling experience.
Facilitating process group therapy, individual therapy and family therapy. Drug and Alcohol/Mental Health experience. Treatment planning experience.
Job-related Behavioral Characteristics:
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information, working well in an individual/group problem solving situation and showing initiative in problem solving. Maintains professionalism and does not show favoritism. Maintains consistency with clients, staff, visitors and the public. Sound clinical judgment and excellent clinical skills. Ability to handle a crisis situation and react appropriately. Flexibility and adaptable. Ability to make decisions in an objective and ethical manner. Calm and decisive in crisis situations. Ability to sustain a team environment.
Pyramid CORE Values:
We are committed and proud to live our CORE values and use them to inspire those around us. Our employees are expected to align with these values, behaviors and standards. We are held accountable for upholding these CORE Values: INTEGRITY is striving to be honest, transparent and ethical when dealing with clients, staff and the community. DEDICATION is demonstrating an unwavering commitment to always provide exceptional care and support to those we serve is needed daily. COLLABORATION is a steadfast, team-focused approach; working together to achieve excellence. PASSION is genuine, compelling and relentless desire to improve lives and support Pyramid Healthcare’s mission.
Headquartered in Altoona, PA and founded in 1999, Pyramid Healthcare has been a leader in the provision of behavioral healthcare in Pennsylvania for almost 20 years. Now with over 80 facilities across three states, Pyramid Healthcare is a growing and innovative resource for those seeking treatment for drug or alcohol addiction or mental health issues.
Pyramid Healthcare prides itself on its continuum of care, which allows clients to receive consistent, high-quality treatment, regardless of what stage of recovery they are in.