Do you enjoy working on things? Do you enjoy working on cars and machines, and a passion to fix things? Do you have experience working hands on, troubleshooting, and consider yourself to be mechanically inclined? This may be the opportunity for YOU! A great place to work, where you can feel at home and use your mechanical skills to help!
Take a peek on the inside: www.jbmjobs.com
Change, run, and maintain the folding machines, except for electrical in order to help to ensure quality envelopes are made.
The individual must be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential job functions and physical requirements of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Read the order that is running or before changing a machine
- Ensure the machine counters are working correctly
- Set-up a job to run within the defined standard change time. Use MDT’s for set-up time. Use set up paper.
- Run the job at standard rate.
- Inspect envelopes being run to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Fill Gum Bottles.
- Order supplies for machines.
- Retrieve Die Cut Blanks and supplies for machines to run jobs.
- Take full or last skid of job to the Warehouse with unused supplies
- Relieve operators for breaks
- Cut down paper and chip for orders.
- Assist with shift wash-up and end of job and shift wash-up.
- Empty adhesive drums and hang new ones according to the SOP
- Remove paper waste from machines and deposit into appropriate waste gaylords. And tell operators waste or enter it.
- Sweep floors around machines and maintain an organized/tidy appearance.
- Remove ink buckets and deposit into dumpster (once dry).
- Mix Flexo Ink.
- As needed, remove jammed paper and restart machine.
- Report any unsafe or potentially damaging conditions to management.
- Adjust the equipment to make quality envelopes while maintaining speed of the machine.
- Support operators by adjusting the equipment and relining for breaks.
- Lubricate the equipment as required.
- Replace gummers as needed.
- Adjust gum boxes as needed.
- Change the machines to different sizes and styles of envelopes while supporting other machines that are running.
- Maintain printing equipment on machines.
- Replace parts and rolls on equipment as needed.
- Notify maintenance when equipment is in need of repair. Fill out Maintenance work orders.
- Fill out parts request forms.
- Notify Supervisor when more parts are needed.
- Support the Supervisors and Management as needed.
- Miscellaneous tasks as indicated by management.
- Follow company procedures.
Frequency Key: Rare, Occasional, Frequent or Constant. For lifting enter estimated lbs. at 10, 25, 50 and 50+
|Crouching / bending / stooping||Frequent|
|Walking, climbing stairs||Constant|
|Pushing / pulling pallets of blanks weighing in excess of 1200 LBs||Frequent|
|Lifting / Carrying (# lbs.) - Drums @ 500 LBs, Packaging in excess of 40 LBS||Frequent|
Hourly Plant Compentencies
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Drive for Results
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Mechanical abilities
- Basic math skills
- High School diploma preferred
- Experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to support/repair multiple machines
- Experience with high speed folding equipment/ mechanical aptitude
- Envelope experience preferred
- Flexo Ink Printing experience preferred
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work overtime
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
Location/Region: Greater Cincinnati Area