Some details about the position:
- Join a cardiology practice of 2 interventionalists, 1 non-invasive cardiologist,2 electrophysiologists, and 1 heart failure specialist
- Practice is an established clinic with solid patient base
- Practice staffs 4 PAs and 2 nurse practitioners
- Clinic is located 1.5 miles from UPMC Altoona hospital
- Additional clinic hours will be scheduled at neighboring UPMC Bedford hospital
- Altoona clinic has comprehensive pacemaker clinic
- Primarily an outpatient practice, work schedule is Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
- Call schedule will be 1:4
- Candidate must be board certified or board eligible if recent grad
Some details about the Cardiology Department:
- Altoona's team also includes 1 vascular and 3 cardiothoracic surgeons who are part of UPMC's Heart & Vascular Institute
- Four office locations include Altoona, Huntingdon, Bedford and Ebensburg
- Cath lab in hospital served over 3,000 patients and added TAVR and Watchman procedures in 2019
Competitive compensation and benefits package includes an initial income guarantee, sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, annual CME allowance and days, PTO, health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, retirement benefits and occurrence-based malpractice insurance.
- UPMC Altoona is part of the world-renowned UPMC network of more than 40 hospitals, 90,000 employees, 700 physician offices, and a 3.4 million-member insurance services division
- The hospital is a 400-bed tertiary care hospital with 400+ practicing physicians serving a 6-county region in central PA with an accredited level 2 trauma, stroke and chest pain center and a regional oncology, cardiology, cardiac and vascular surgery center.
- The Altoona Regional Health Services (ARHS) is a large 100+ physician and 75+ APP practice with cardiology, medical oncology, neurology, pulmonology, dermatology, internal medicine, family practice, urology, ENT and plastic surgery.
- Altoona is a small city surrounded by mountains in central Pennsylvania with major northeast metropolitan areas within a 2 – 5 hour drive
- Altoona Metro/Blair County Population: 130,000
- Hospital Service Area Population: 350,000
- Trauma Service Area Population: 1 million+ (20 counties)
- Local air and train service available
- Penn State University/State College only 40 minutes away
- Our region offers a friendly and uncomplicated way of life filled with cultural and recreational opportunities, where children can grow up in a safe and enriching community. Hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing are popular at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails. Big10 sports and national touring performing artists are the highlight of neighboring Penn State University.
Location/Region: Altoona, PA (16601)