Human Resources Administrator
The City of Altoona, PA is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Human Resources Administrator. The ideal candidate will be self-starting, responsive, able to demonstrate a sense of urgency, teamwork, and the initiative to support the operations of City government. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Director, and the selected candidate will provide administrative assistance to the Human Resources Department including the following:
• Administers new hire processes, including job postings, basic sourcing and/or screening of candidates, pre-employment testing, background and reference checks, offer letters, and setting interview schedules.
• Coordinates all aspects of the civil service examination processes for the Police and Fire Departments.
• Maintains, monitors, and updates personnel, medical, and workers compensation files.
• Monitors and reviews attendance records for all employees.
• Reviews and documents FMLA and all other leaves of absence.
• Monitors departmental budget expenditures and manages departmental payments.
• Performs administrative tasks associated with a wide range of human resource functions.
• Assists in administration of employee benefit and workers compensation programs, as needed.
• Schedules meetings and compiles meeting minutes.
Preferred Competencies, Skills, and Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, with at least three (3) years of related work experience.
• A strong generalist background, including experience with job description development, contract administration, and employee and labor relations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with specific emphasis on Word and Excel.
• Ability to work with a Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees and managers.
• Ability to complete assigned projects and maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Labor Relations and workers compensation experience desired
The salary range for this position is up to $45,000 annually, depending on qualifications, with excellent fringe benefits.
Please submit resume, salary requirements, and three (3) work-related references by Friday, May 6, 2018 to:
Human Resources Director
City of Altoona, City Hall
1301 12th Street
Altoona, PA 16601
The City Of Altoona is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Altoona, PA (US - 16601)