Join a growing program in the world renowned UPMC Hillman Cancer Center at UPMC Altoona!
UPMC Altoona is currently seeking a Medical Oncologist/Hematologist to join our UPMC Hillman Cancer Team! We are seeking physicians with excellent clinical skills, interested in delivering high quality care and participating in numerous clinical trials available throughout the UPMC Hillman Cancer Center network.Successful candidates should have or be able to obtain the appropriate state medical license and be board certified/ eligible in Hematology and/or Medical Oncology. Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Practice in a spacious, new center on the UPMC Altoona hospital campus, offering the latest medical oncology treatments and clinical trials.
- Work with an experienced team of medical oncologists/hematologists, advance practice providers, specialized oncology nurses, lab, pharmacy and support staff.
- Enjoy unprecedented growth in a practice that includes outpatient and inpatient medical consults, chemotherapy, lab and supportive therapy visits.
- Provide care in the clinic and hospital Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
- Share 1:5 call with your physician colleagues.
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center 40+ hospital network) is a 400-bed tertiary hospital serving central Pennsylvania, with over 400 physicians on the medical staff.
- UPMC Altoona is a level II trauma center, regional oncology center, and a Joint Commission-certified primary stroke center with comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, interventional neurology, robotics, behavioral health, vascular and wound care. Hospitalists and intensivists provide 24/7 inpatient care.
- Altoona Regional Health Services (ARHS) employs over 150 physicians and 75 advance practice providers in nearly all specialties and primary care.
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center
UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, one of the largest integrated community cancer networks in the United States and Western Pennsylvania’s only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center has a strong commitment to clinical, translational, and basic science research, residency education, and community outreach. We pride ourselves on the exceptional level of cancer care we are able to provide each patient - whether they are seen at our primary location in Shadyside, PA, or at one of our more than 70 locations throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, and Maryland. Each location provides UPMC Hillman Cancer Center care through personnel and technology linkages, so wherever your patients are treated, they can be confident the most advanced cancer diagnosis and treatments are available.
Recruitment Package Includes:
- Sign-On Bonus
- Family Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability Insurance
- Paid Relocation Expenses
- Employer Matched Retirement Benefits
- Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance
- Generous CME allowance and PTO
About Our Community
Altoona is a small city surrounded by mountains in central Pennsylvania, with 5 major northeast metropolitan areas within a 2 – 5-hour drive. Our region offers a friendly and uncomplicated way of life filled with cultural and recreational opportunities, where children can grow up in a safe and enriching community. Hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing are popular at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails. Big10 sports, national touring performing artists, and an active social scene are among the highlights of neighboring State College, home to Penn State’s University Park campus.
Location/Region: Altoona, PA (16601)