Salary Rate: $322,800 annually
**This position works 40 hours per week / 1099 Contractor**
GEO Secure Services
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you a Physician looking for a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can really make a difference? If you are passionate about people and believe that everyone deserves the highest quality of healthcare, we have the role for you. As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our growing team.
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be the first point of contact for many detainees/inmates, diagnosing a wide range of illnesses and injuries, whilst managing the overall care of the patients. In this role, you will:
- Examine and treat detainees/inmates referred by the nursing/professional staff to ensure proper injury care, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
- Manage and evaluate medical program activities based on industry standards and contractual obligations.
- Prescribe medications and regularly review cases requiring ongoing medical attention
- Initiate dental and psychiatric referrals.
- Provide patients with information to promote good health and prevent disease or disability.
- Document services provided and comprehensive notes in the patient medical records.
- Communicate effectively with the Hospital medical team, Psychiatric, Mental Health Professionals, Nurses, Health Technicians and Administrative Assistants.
- Available 24-hours where needed, to advise nursing staff in the care of detainees/inmates/residents after hours.
- Maintain professional knowledge and education by attending educational. workshops/conferences, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Act as liaison between correctional officials, public agencies, and the facility.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
Diagnostic skills, critical thinking, and strong communication skills are key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role in our patients’ re-entry to society. Apply if you meet our requirements:
- Medical degree in medicine from an accredited school and licensed to practice as a medical or osteopathic physician in the state in which the facility is located required.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Completion of a U.S.-based residency program required.
- Current DEA and D.P.S. Certificate of Registration required.
- Professional license must remain on file at all times at the facility where services are rendered.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff.
- Frequently: Lift or carry up to 10 lbs.; walk, stand, bend, stoop.
- Occasionally: Lift or carry/push or pull up to 40 lbs. Climb, reach above shoulder level and work with machinery.
Location/Region: Philipsburg, PA (16866)