Fulltime and Part time Personal Care Aide needed in Northern Cambira2-5 days/wk 10am-10pmGeneral Purpose:Are members of the interdisciplinary team who provide hands-on personal care, report changes in the client’s condition, perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services, and provide incidental/instrumental activities of daily living to clients in the home setting as evaluated/delegated and as permitted by the policies and procedures of Interim HealthCare and any other federal, state and local law or regulation.Applicability of this Job Description:This job description for a Personal Care Aide may be used only in the following situations: * In an organization that is not subject to the Medicare Conditions of Participation; or * In an organization that is subject to the Medicare Conditions of Participation, a Home Care Aide may be employed exclusively to furnish personal care aid-only services under a Medicaid personal care benefit.
[CITE: 42CFR §484.80(i)]
* Reads and records client temperature, pulse, and respiration.
* Promotes and maintains a clean, safe, healthy, and therapeutic client environment.
* Assists, performs and trains client and family in activities of daily living such bathing, grooming, nail and skin care, oral hygiene, dressing/undressing, toileting and elimination, eating and adequate nutritional intake.
* Assists client with mobility, ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises or exercise programs.
* Assists client with home-making activities such as shopping, errands, light laundering, meal planning and preparation, serving of meals, socialization activities, and child care.
* Assists in medication reminding. * Assists in administering medications ordinarily self-administered.
* Immediately reports medication administration errors, client medication refusals, and evidence of any adverse reaction or side-effects of medications to the delegating registered nurse.
* Utilizes infection prevention and control measures, such as universal precautions; handwashing; safe handling of equipment, soiled items, and sharp devices; and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
* Follows the assignment sheet/service plan and performs only tasks that are evaluated/delegated.
* Recognizes, reports, and records/documents change in client condition and safety to supervisor.
* Documents observations, activities and service provided in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
* Organizes self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
* Completes mandatory Interim HealthCare in-services.
* Provides requested documents to keep employee file current.
* Completes other assignments as requested as delegated/requested.
* Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness Program, as requested.
* Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program, as requested.
* Honors patient rights. * Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
* Perform any skilled nursing procedure, which is prohibited by the State Nurse Practice Act, law or regulation.Minimum Education & Experience Required:* Age of majority in the state.
* Training, certification or registration required by state and federal law and regulation.
* Six (6) months of accumulated experience in a similar job classification, similar life experience; OR* A graduate of a training and competency program as required by the Office and State or Federal law/regulation; or* A school of nursing student in the last year of a program; or* A graduate RN or LPN/LVN with proof of graduation.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: * Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Able to effectively communicate, including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to clients, client’s caregivers and family, and agency staff.
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks or functions.
* Two (2) positive references. * Evidence of passing a written knowledge exam/competency evaluation.
* Meets applicable state and federal health screening requirements.
* Pass state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
* Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with local, state, and federal law and regulations.
* Able to provide proof of valid driver’s license, if applicable.
* Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport a client.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort: * Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by Office from assignment to assignment.
* Work is normally performed in client’s home.
* Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials that require following safety precautions and may include use of personal protective equipment (e.g.
face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
* Able to constantly stand, bend, stoop, twist, stretch, squat, kneel, walk, climb stairs and reach freely.
* Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients and assist with standing and walking.
* Able to frequently carry bundles, such as groceries and laundry up or down stairs and lift with or without assistance. * Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm (i.e.
DME supplies, knobs or objects). * Able to read 8 point or larger type.
* Medium physical activity that may require frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Location/Region: Northern Cambria, PA (15714)