UPMC Magee is recruiting an Ob/Gyn physician for our hospital in Altoona, PA. In partnership with UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital, women across our region have access to expert general ob-gyn care at Magee-Womens Specialty Services with offices in Altoona, Ebensburg, Everett and Huntingdon. Our experts offer a wide range of ob-gyn services to meet the needs of women of all ages, including: management of low- and high-risk pregnancies, midwifery services, teen gynecology, birth control including IUDs and subdermal implants, minimally invasive treatment of fibroids, tumors, and endometriosis. We offer pre- and postnatal care at all four UPMC Magee-Womens Specialty Services locations. Labor and delivery services are only at the UPMC Altoona Birth Center. Must have an MD or equivalent, be BC or BE in Ob/Gyn with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. J1 and H1B visa sponsorship available.
- Reasonable call schedule
- Busy practice including Ob/Gyns, Advanced Providers and midwives
- Full scope Ob/Gyn
- Office Hours are Monday-Friday
- Clinical academic appointment
- EPIC EMR for outpatient and Cerner for inpatient
- Community based hospital
- J1 and H1B opportunity
What we Offer
- $375K Salary
- Occurrence based malpractice
- Relocation assistance
- CME allowance
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus incentive bonus
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision and pension
- 30 days PTO plus holidays
About UPMC Altoona and UPMC
- UPMC Altoona (part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center hospital network) is a 400-bed regional health care system providing care to residents of a six-county service area in central Pennsylvania.
- UPMC Altoona is a level ll trauma center, regional oncology center, and a JCAHO-certified stroke center.
- UPMC Altoona provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, behavioral health and a vascular and wound care center. The Health System’s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Located in the Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Excellent school systems
- Abundant cultural amenities including hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and skiing at nearby state parks, resorts and rail trails, Big10 sports, national touring performing artists
- Active social scene from neighboring State College, home to Penn State’s University Park campus.
- Centrally located with easy access to larger, neighboring cities. Between 40 minutes to 4.5 hours to major cities including Pittsburgh, State College, Philadelphia, DC, and NYC.
- Unlimited outdoor and recreational opportunities
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our
Location/Region: Altoona, PA (16601)